What is the meaning of the furniture term Rams Horn?

The furniture term Rams Horn refers to a design element commonly found on the arms or legs of chairs and other seating furniture. It refers to a curved or scrolled shape resembling the horn of a ram or sheep. This design element is often used to add an ornamental touch and visual interest to furniture pieces. Voluted finial treatment, as in chair arms.
Previous term: Rams Head Next term: Random Joint

Copyright 2023 - Furniture Glossary. All rights reserved.