What is the meaning of the furniture term Ogive?

The furniture term ogive refers to a curved, pointed arch or molding shape that resembles an extended S-curve. It is commonly used in the design of chair backs, sofa arms, or other furniture elements to add a decorative and elegant touch. The ogive shape can also be found in architectural design elements such as doorways, windows, or ceilings. Gothic, pointed arch. Also Ogival.
Previous term: Ogee Bracket Foot Next term: Olive Wood

Copyright 2023 - Furniture Glossary. All rights reserved.