What is the meaning of the furniture term Munting?

Muntins are typically made of wood or metal and are installed to provide structural support and to divide the larger frame into smaller sections. They can be found in various architectural styles and designs, and their size, shape, and arrangement can greatly impact the overall appearance of the door or window. The term munting is sometimes used interchangeably with muntins to refer to these vertical divisions. Inside vertical members of a door or window frame, such as the divisions between the glass or wood panels of a door.
Previous term: Mullion Next term: Mushroom Turning

Copyright 2024 - Furniture Glossary. All rights reserved.