What is the meaning of the furniture term Guimpe?

The term guimpe in furniture refers to a decorative covering, often made of fabric or lace, that is used to drape over or adorn the front of a piece of furniture. It is typically seen on chairs, especially those with exposed frames or legs. The guimpe can add an extra layer of visual interest and embellishment to the furniture, enhancing its aesthetic appeal. Also called Gimp.
Previous term: Guilloche Next term: Guinea Holes

Copyright 2023 - Furniture Glossary. All rights reserved.