What is the meaning of the furniture term Coffered Panel?

A coffered panel is a type of architectural or furniture panel that features a series of sunken or recessed squares or geometric shapes. These recessed areas are typically framed by moldings or raised borders. The term coffered refers to the sunken or recessed appearance of the panel. This technique is often used in the design of ceilings, walls, doors, and cabinetry to add architectural interest and decorative flair. Deeply sunk panel.
Previous term: Coffer Next term: Coin

Copyright 2023 - Furniture Glossary. All rights reserved.