What is the meaning of the furniture term Ciseleur?

French term for the engraver or maker of metal ornaments. The term ciseleur is not specifically a furniture term, but rather a word used in decorative arts to describe a highly skilled craftsperson who specializes in metalwork and engraving. Ciseleurs are known for their ability to intricately carve, shape, and embellish metal objects, including furniture hardware such as handles, knobs, and decorative metal accents.
Previous term: Circassian Walnut Next term: Clavichord

Copyright 2023 - Furniture Glossary. All rights reserved.