What is the meaning of the furniture term Bullion Fringe?

Fringe of heavy twisted cords, originally having metal strands. Bullion fringe is a type of decorative trim commonly used in upholstery and draperies. It consists of thick, tassel-like strands of twisted or braided cords that are typically made of silk, rayon, or a combination of different materials. The cords are often adorned with small metallic bullion beads or embellishments. Bullion fringe is typically attached to the bottom edge of furniture, such as sofas, chairs, or curtains, to add a touch of elegance and decorative flair to the piece. The term bullion refers to the metallic thread or beads used in the trim.
Previous term: Bulbous Next term: Bult-In

Copyright 2023 - Furniture Glossary. All rights reserved.