What is the meaning of the furniture term Bottle End Glazing?

The bottle bottoms, or bulls-eye forms were leaded together and used to glaze doors of cupboards. Bottle end glazing refers to a technique used in architectural or structural glass installation where glass panels are installed in a vertical position and supported by a channel or frame only at the top and bottom, while the sides remain unframed. This technique creates a seamless and frameless appearance for the glass installation. The name bottle end glazing comes from the similarity of the glass panels being supported like bottles placed on a shelf, where only the top and bottom surfaces are in contact with the support.
Previous term: Boston Rocker Next term: Bottle Turning

Copyright 2024 - Furniture Glossary. All rights reserved.